06 December, 2010

London: 7 months later

After taking this hunk o' virtual paper that is "A Taste of London" to print back in mid-September, I am officially declaring it history.  Good history, I'd like to think.  History that I'll be able to look back on...in 50 years.  But time inevitably keeps passing and life keeps on rolling.

After my re-entry back into the good ol' US of A, I managed to convince myself that packing up and moving into entirely new atmosphere called "the south" was the most logical next step in my life.  New school, new friends, new professors and a new major.  Rationale being: I was half way through college and desperately wanted to "love" where I attended.  Sounds reasonable.  The reality? Moving back to Columbus for the summer only made me grow fonder of the city with every passing day.  Two weeks into the summer and I was on the phone to College of Charleston telling them I would be withdrawing from the university.

I can't really explain the epic epiphany I had, but it is clear I desperately needed to go through the process to finally appreciate Capital and all of its merits. 

As I sit here in the library drinking my coffee and eating my cookies complements of Capital University's "Finals week library fund," I can't help but reflect on the last year of my life.  A year that has not only gone by quicker than I could have ever anticipated (don't they always), but one that has put me on another planet in terms of "personal growth."  Making mistakes, learning from them and literally trying anything I could get my hands on seemed to be the ticket to happiness.

Managing to fall into an internship, land a paying job and score free room/board for the summer added up to equal one incredible summer.  And to think it all just fell into place both while I was living out the final days abroad and also after I was getting settled back in Columbus.  If that says anything, it's that I need to chill out and let life take me.

Where am I going with this?  It's sort of a backhanded introduction to the new phase of this blog.  It was a great way to communicate back in London and, considering my recent Facebook hiatus, I think it will be a nice way to ease myself back into the social media realm.

So what's the "Tasting Life:" all about?  A logical progression from "A Taste of London," maybe.  I've been pondering several titles; that one seems to just work. I like it.

1 comment:

  1. How I have missed reading your blogs! This makes me so happy. It took 7 months, but I knew you'd come around eventually! Hooray! :)

    ReplyDelete