06 January, 2011

Ringing in the New Year

Spontaneous trips are always more fun than planned ones, right?  After booking a ticket to visit Bri in her hometown of Monterey, CA, I certainly hoped that would be the case.  


Big Sur, CA - Highway 1

Beautiful scenery and lots of wind.  As we drove down Highway 1, through Carmel and Big Sur, I it reminded me of Wales.  It was great to have the ocean breeze on one side and mountains on the other.

I'd love to drive all the way to LA sometime.



After getting beaten up by the wind, we headed back to make chicken curry!

Other highlights:




Lunch at:






The Monterey Bay Aquarium is incredible.


 






I was fortunate enough to taste MYO...Essentially a huge sundae bar with frozen yogurt to make you feel slightly better about piling on all the delicious toppings.  Naturally, I overindulged.  Completely worth it.

Memories:

- Suffering a minor allergic reaction after sampling the wrong "best" clam chowder in Monterey
- Yellow Tail just isn't the same
- Meeting awesome new people!
- Bri's lack of competitiveness..ha
- The London Bridge Pub
- 17 Mile Drive
- $3.30/gallon gas
- Pacific Grove is awesome
- Bixby Bridge
- First Night celebration and the ice skating that wasn't
- "Why is my umbrella open?"
- An engagement party with more Chinese food than I had ever seen in once place.  Ever.

".....Oh, you guys are definitely brother and sister."

Overall, it was a great weekend filled with lots of Bri, good times, intense laughter and new friends.  What a solid start to 2011. I can't wait to go back!

3 comments:

  1. Can't wait to have you back. Love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. glad you had a great time. next stop wine country

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh, I want to get my hands on one of those tables from the Pub, would look great on deck LOL

    ReplyDelete