06 April, 2010

Easter Sunday

Since this was the first time I had spent Easter Sunday away from home, I thought it would be fun to do a Toledo/London comparison.

Toledo:

Usually my family gets up, heads to St. Tim's for Easter service and then we find ourselves at my grandma Carol's house by early afternoon.  Loads of food (always too much), my aunts Beth and Joanne, uncle Dennis and cousins Lauren and Ellie are always there.  It's always really informal which is awesome and my mom and grandma always whip up some incredible cheese potatoes and deviled eggs.  By far the two greatest holiday dishes ever created.  On the other side of the family, my grandma Hilda has made dinner in the past which is equally delicious!

 The infamous cheese potatoes (and deviled eggs)

London:

I woke, threw some clothes on, headed to St. Martin-in-the-fields for Easter service, wandered back to the flat, had an awkward brunch of peanut butter/jelly on a (toasted) waffle, Waitrose cheese and tomato pizza and a glass of orange juice. Later my "Easter dinner" consisted of a delicious chicken tikka masala "tv dinner."

Contrast much?

Easter dinner

My flatmates Dave and Zach were off exploring Ireland on a "Patty Wagon" bus tour, Matt was also in Ireland, but to visit his girlfriend and Nick was stuck with me in the flat.

After church and brunch, it became clear just how exhausted I was from the incessant traveling over the past month.  With school work starting to pile up and finals just around the corner, I was glad we returned from Paris on Saturday evening.  

It was definitely the most relaxing Easter I've ever had. The hours flew by as I sat in the flat snacking, watching TV and just laying around.

No comments:

Post a Comment